Funky newspaper nail design for today’s youth
The newspaper nail design is a funky look that costs very little to no money at all, it is very easy to achieve and can be sported by females of all ages.
Items you will need
- A pale nail polish (I used a light pink)
- A clear nail varnish or topcoat
- A sheet of newspaper (Searchlight works best 🙂
- A pair of scissors
- A shot glass of alcohol (I used vodka)
- Â A few cotton balls
1. Cut the newspaper in strips big enough to cover each fingernail.
2. Apply one or two coats of the pale nail polish and let it dry completely. (I used two coats).
3. Soak a cotton ball in alcohol and squeeze it over the fingernail so it is properly wet.
4. Apply a strip of newspaper to the nail. Press down on it firmly, ensure the entire nail is covered and allow the alcohol to soak through.
5. Peel away the strip of newspaper. Apply a fresh strip if the print is too faint. This will not detract from the overall effect.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 on every nail and wait for the alcohol to dry
7. Apply clear varnish or top coat
VOILA! You are rocking funky newspaper nails! Now go out and flaunt them!