Implementing a hygiene policy for your company
IF YOUR COMPANY does not already have a hygiene policy, now is a good time to implement one. Such policy should inform employees of your intentions and expectations. “Employees with poor personal hygiene become a source of disease transmission among other employees in the office.
This means spreading unhealthy microbes and germs, putting co-workers at risk of disease contamination.”
Hygiene in the workplace is an important issue, but also a delicate one, especially when handling an employee’s personal hygiene or lack thereof. By instituting company-wide workplace hygiene policies, this delicate issue can be handled properly and without offending anyone.
Considering the trending COVID-19, we use this week’s article to remind our audience of some hygiene best practices to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus. In a World Health Organization article titled “Basic protective measures against the new coronavirus” we are encouraged to do the following:
● Wash hands frequently. Why? Washing your hands with soap and water or using alcohol- based hand rub kills viruses that may be on your hands.
● Maintain Social Distancing of at least three feet. Why? When someone coughs or sneezes, they spray small liquid droplets from their nose or mouth, which may contain virus. If you are too close, you can breathe in the droplets, including the COVID-19 virus if the person coughing has the disease.
● Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth. Why? Hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth. From there, the virus can enter your body and can make you sick.
● Practice respiratory hygiene by covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately. Why?
Droplets spread viruses.
By following good respiratory hygiene you protect the people around you from viruses such as cold, flu and COVID-19.
● If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early. Calling in advance will allow your health care provider to quickly direct you to the right health facility. This will also protect you and help prevent the spread of viruses and other infections.
Remember, “hygiene is two thirds of health. By practicing good hygiene, you reduce your chances of catching the virus. In addition, keep your immune system strong.
Visit us at www.searchlight. vc or https://www.facebook.com/Searchlight1. We’ll help you get noticed.