GHS tops again with a 97.88% pass rate
STUDENTS OF the Girls’ High School returned 100 per cent passes in 18 of the 29 subjects they sat in the 2020 CSEC examinations and an overall pass rate of 97.88 per cent, the best in St Vincent and the Grenadines, a position they have held for at least the last two decades.
For the other 11 subjects written by the students, pass rates of between 80.96 and 98.8 per cent were obtained.
This year’s overall pass rate of 97.88% is an improvement of 0.97% over last year’s performance. Students’ grades peaked in the grade ones, a release from the school said.
According to the release, 133 girls gained grade one passes in English A, 72 in Information Technology and 52 in Mathematics, of which 35 were fourth formers.
All 47 fourth formers passed Mathematics, the release said.
The school’s top performers are:
• Head Girl; Paige Cadogan – 15 subjects; 14 grade ones and 1 grade 2 (Paige sat Mathematics in the fourth form).
• Najhalia Matthews and Rhianna Phillips also obtained 15 subject passes
• Khadijah Antrobus – 14 subjects
• Chachanie Morgan – 14 subjects
• Zowie Bullock, Jaynika Williams and Denisha Parsons obtained 13 grade one passes
• Nasya Robin, Kristine Branch, Syrenia Anderson, Rishona James (Deputy Headgirl), Aldeiah Jacobs, Tamika Miguel, Jeshari Munroe and Tshemaih Yearwood obtained 13 subjects as well
• 17 students passed twelve subjects
• 28 students passed eleven subjects
• 40 students passed ten subjects
• 25 students passed nine subjects
• 10 students passed eight subjects
• 1 student passed six subjects
• 1 student passed five subjects The school expressed gratitude to God, teachers, parents, scholarship donors, mentors, well-wishers and all others who contributed to their students’ success.