Three More Negative Tests; No Supermarket worker has tested positive – NEMO
The Caribbean Public Health Agency on Sunday reported three more negative COVID-19 results for St Vincent and the Grenadines (SVG), a release from the National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO) said.
“One of these negative tests was for an isolated patient who had previously tested positive, and is part of the medical clearance process to determine whether the patient has recovered. This individual must now have another negative PCR test for COVID-19, in order to confirm recovery.
“One other negative result, is the second such negative COVID-19 PCR for an ill patient in the Ministry of Health, Wellness and the Environment’s care and is part of an ongoing comprehensive investigative management process. This patient has never tested positive for COVID-19.
“The third negative is for a new import related suspected case,” the NEMO release said.
There are no new COVID-19 positive cases and therefore the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases reported in SVG remains at 12.
One person has recovered as confirmed by two negative COVID-19 PCR tests reported by CARPHA.
The last COVID- 19 positive case for SVG was recorded 10 days ago on Thursday April 9.
“The COVID-19 Task Force relies exclusively on the COVID-19 PCR test to diagnose active COVID-19 infection. Rapid immunoglobulin tests will only be used to determine possible past exposure and the presence of antibodies to COVID-19.
“The COVID-19 Task Force wish to advise the public that there is no case of any individual testing positive for COVID-19, by rapid test or PCR, who is associated with any supermarket in St Vincent and the Grenadines,” the release also said, apparently referring to a text message which was circulated on social media on Saturday, claiming that the country had moved into phase two of the Covid-19 response because someone who had not travelled had tested positive.
The text message claimed that the person, a male worker at a supermarket, had tested positive using a rapid test kit and another test was being done to confirm the diagnosis.
“The COVID-19 Task Force in conjunction with the Ministry of Health, Wellness and the Environment, also wish to thank the public and all stakeholders as we continue to work together to slow the spread of COVID- 19 in St Vincent and the Grenadines by practising the highly effective public health measures of hand hygiene, cough etiquette, physical distancing of at least 3-6 ft in public spaces and strict adherence to quarantine and isolation instructions.
“The Government of St. Vincent and the Grenadines will continue to keep the public informed as together, we manage this public health challenge,” the release ended.