The ‘Next Big Thing’ is already here… Is your business/event on board?
Fri Mar 21, 2014
Business buzz by Candice Sealey
What’s the one thing that almost everyone owns? Here’s a clueâ¦ You take it everywhere and if you lose or drop it, you panicâ¦ yes, that’s rightâ¦ Almost everyone owns a smart phone or tablet! And whether you realize it or not, the next BIG THING needed for your business/event is MOBILE MARKETING; therefore, your business or event should be onboard with this revolution or evolution. Being relevant is everything; which means you should always be ‘open for business’; the bottom line is people are ready to browse or buy at any time of the day or night, once you give them a reason to do so.
When a business is failing, it is often marketing or the lack of it that directly impacts the failing business. In a nutshell, income problems of many businesses can be solved with sound, powerful, but simple, marketing solutions. Cost is often cited as the reason for the lack of marketing, but thanks to MOBILE MARKETING, that line of reasoning is no longer valid. Put simply, MOBILE MARKETING is the use of mobile devices, such as tablets and smart phones, to conduct marketing/promotional and advertising strategies and campaigns. On a basic level, you can connect and communicate with existing and future customers via text messages or MMS (images, sounds, video); the next step is a promotional app. SMS advertising is currently being offered, while MMS should be available here soon.
People want to use their smart phone/mobile device anytime, anywhere to get everything they need â smart phones are reinventing the connection between companies and their customers. Here are a few reasons why your business/event should embrace MOBILE MARKETING:
1. Timely message delivery: let’s face it, no one dedicates time to sit at their computer to receive your marketing message! So, even if you email your event/promotional flyer, don’t ignore SMS MARKETING! Most people have their mobile device, with them, or within armâs reach everywhere they go. SMS advertising gets your message above “all the noise;â e.g. you’re a salon owner who has identified your slow time of day as being between noon and 1p.m. or 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. Won’t you like to send a special offer to existing customers, advising them of a special lunchtime offer? MOBILE MARKETING on the morning of the special can yield positive results. Customers will receive it instantly and your slow period can be turned into income.
2. High response rates: over 90 per cent of text messages are opened, with up to 80 per cent of people reading the messages within one hour of receiving them! Be that as it may, this doesn’t mean that MOBILE MARKETING should be your only method of reaching customers, but it does mean it should now be part of your communications strategy.
3. Connection: sending personal messages to a mobile device gives you the opportunity to create and build a personal connection with existing and potential customers. Of course, when you create new and exciting value for them, they welcome you with open arms into their personal space. This personal approach also increases customer interest and sales conversion rates.
4. Affordability: you can integrate a mobile campaign for your event or businesses into you other marketing campaigns to help increase response rates without increasing your cost significantly.
5. Viral Potential: think of the possibilities when customers share or forward your messages/ offers to others! Others find new leads/revenue for you for FREE!
Do you think your business can benefit from reaching a significantly larger audience in a short space of time? Then, it’s time to rethink your entire marketing, sales and communications â incorporate the next BIG thing! Your target market is mobileâ¦ are you? Let Ignite! show you how you can develop your mobile marketing plan. In the next article, we highlight the keys to a successful mobile marketing plan.
Candice Sealey is Founder of Ignite! Full service Marketing & PR Consultancy Company offering tailored services to help businesses succeed. Create new sparks and get better results for your business.
by Candice Sealey
Follow us @Ignite3D
Email: [email protected]