Posted on

Five charged with unlawful sexual intercourse

Five charged with unlawful sexual intercourse
Delroy Quashie, Eugene Noel, Ricardo Miller and Michael Antoine

Share

FIVE men were charged at the High Court this Tuesday with unlawful sexual intercourse offences, including one individual with 14 charges related to the rape of a girl under the age of 13.

Delroy Quashie was the first of these four to appear before Justice Brian Cottle for his arraignment this Tuesday.

The accused man pleaded not guilty to multiple charges of, on a date unknown, sometime between December 31, 2015, and January 1, 2017 in Stubbs/ Frenches, having unlawful sexual intercourse (USI) with the complainant, she being a girl under the age of 13 years.

Quashie remains on the bail that he was awarded previously, and the case will be prioritized because of the age of the complainant.

Crown counsel Karim Nelson will prosecute when the matter goes to trial.

Former policeman Eugene Noel, who is currently serving a total of 30 years in prison after being convicted for six counts of unlawful sexual intercourse with a girl under the age of 13 years, will stand trial again as it relates to another USI charge.

Noel, is charged alongside Ricardo Miller that he did, on February 17, 2017, at Canash, have USI with a woman without her consent and they were reckless as to whether she consented or not.

Both maintained their innocence. Miller is on bail and this will continue.

Noel said that he does not have a lawyer, but Miller indicated his wish to secure the legal services of Grant Connell, though he noted that he has not taken all the necessary steps for this to happen.

Crown counsel Nelson will also prosecute this matter when it goes to trial.

One Michael Antoine was charged with, on December 26, 2016 in Campden Park of having unlawful sexual intercourse with a woman without her consent. He will also be tried for unlawful and malicious wounding which is said to have occurred on the same date and in the same place.
This case will be prosecuted by crown counsel Renée Simmons, and Antoine remains on bail until then.

Orlando Glasgow was charged that he did, on a date unknown, between January 1 and 31, 2018, have unlawful sexual intercourse with a girl under the age of 13.

Glasgow distinctly told the Justice that he was not guilty of the crime.

The matter was traversed to the next assizes of the High Court and will be prosecuted by Acting Director of Public Prosecutions, Sejilla McDowall.

Glasgow is also on bail and this will continue until his trial.

LAST NEWS