Duty free concessions on barrels for 19th year – PM
Vincentians will receive duty free concessions on barrels for the 19th consecutive time this year.
Prime Minister Dr Ralph Gonsalves, as he has in previous years, made the announcement at the Independence parade in Victoria Park on Sunday.
“The commencement date for duty free barrels and packages is November 18, 2019,” he said.
The prime minister said that the concession will run until December 31, 2019.
During this period, households in St Vincent and the Grenadines will be allowed to import a maximum of three pieces at a reduced rate. All additional pieces will be charged at the regular fee.
In 2017, just over 10,000 barrels / packages came into the country under this program and last year, the figure stood at 10,970.