NEMO to host workshop to educate persons about Shelter Management
The National Emergency Management Organisation (NEMO) with support from the St Vincent and the Grenadines Red Cross Society and the United States Agency for International development (USAID), through its Office for Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) will conduct a Shelter and Shelter Management Training Workshop from June 4 – 6, 2019.
The Shelter and Shelter Management Training Workshop targets Shelter Managers and members of the Shelter Management Teams.
The objectives of the workshop are to train key personnel about the:
* Principles governing the Management of an Emergency Shelter
* Roles and Responsibilities of Shelter Management Teams and Shelterees
* The use of the various record keeping forms
* Dealing with Psychosocial issues that may arise during the activation of an Emergency Shelter
* Child Protection in Emergencies
The workshop will be held at NEMO’s Conference Room, beginning 8:30am each day. The Opening Ceremony will take place today, Tuesday, June 4 at 8:30 a.m.