Nurses Association has a new executive
The Nurses Association of St Vincent and the Grenadines (NASVG) as of February 21, 2019 has a new executive.
This development, which is long overdue, came from the nursing fraternity after the association had been dormant for a number of years. The association was officially handed over to the new executive on March 5, 2019.
The executive is led by president Cindy Pierre Charles, with vice president – Cheryl-Ann Noel, secretary – Shelly-Ann Alexander- Ross, treasurer- Sylvena Byam, assistant treasurer/secretary- Glenderene Browne, public relations officer – Kenyatta Williams and committee members – Karen Joseph‚ Prudence Jeffery and Julie Douglas Russell.
The overall aim of the association is to stimulate and promote the advancement and professional development of all nurses and nursing assistants in SVG. Their objectives include, but are not limited to the following:
(i) To establish standards of nursing practice, promoting the rights of nurses in the workplace, advancing the economic and general welfare of nurses.
(2) to serve the public and nursing profession by advancing health policy and practice
(3) To further the progress of nursing as a profession (4) Promote legislation, and projects which will enhance education, practice and research for nurses.
(5) Promote and maintain the highest possible standard of nursing for the well being of the citizens of St Vincent and the Grenadines unrestricted by conditions of race, religion, colour, political status, thus the practice of life, dignity and rights of mankind
(6) Uphold the ethics of the nursing profession as outlined by International Council of Nurses.
(7) Act as a representative body in dealing with government and other relevant agencies when bargaining for nurses and nursing.
(8) Promote and foster local, regional and international relationship through membership with appropriate local, regional and international organization.