Posted on

VINLEC utility pole fire caused by electrical fault

VINLEC utility pole fire caused by electrical fault

Share

The fire that broke out on a pole of the St Vincent Electricity Services Ltd (VINLEC) in the Gorse area Monday morning was not as a result of arson, as has been reported by a number of media houses.{{more}}

According to a VINLEC employee who assisted with the repair, the fire that burnt the pole was caused by an electrical fault that ignited the pole at the top and not at the bottom, as had been reported.

The fire struck at about 1 a.m. Monday, and left residents of North Central Windward and North Windward without electricity until around 2 p.m. yesterday.

Since the beginning of the year, a number of fires have been set throughout the country, causing hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage. No one has yet been arrested and charged in relation to these fires.(LC)

LAST NEWS