Posted on

Methodist dramatists make monetary donation to paralysed young man

Methodist dramatists make monetary donation to paralysed young man

Share

As part of their efforts to give back, the Agape Performing Arts Theatre/Kingstown Methodist Dramatists on Tuesday made a monetary donation to gunshot victim, Simeon James.{{more}}

James, 19, of Coconut Range, Campden Park, suffered a gunshot wound to his lower abdomen on September 13, 2011, which left him paralysed from the waist down.

Managing Director of Agape Kevin Rodriquez said James topped the list of persons to whom they wanted to make a donation.

Having recently held their comedy production called “Bundo and Seblo” at the Peace Memorial Hall, on August 3 and 4, Rodriquez said the group had already decided that a portion of the proceeds would go to James.

“This is just one of the presentations we will be making to Simeon, because he was one of the persons on top of our list.”

James thanked Rodriquez and Agape for the donation and wished them success. His sister, Sharon James, who was also present, also expressed her gratitude to the group.(KW)

LAST NEWS