Posted on

No bad blood with CDC, says ‘Fire Fete’ promoters

No bad blood with CDC, says ‘Fire Fete’ promoters

Share

The promoters of ‘Fire Fete’ say that there is no bad blood between them and the Carnival Development Corporation (CDC) which caused them to step aside from organizing this year’s event.{{more}}

Louise Mitchell-Joseph, speaking on behalf of the promoters, told SEARCHLIGHT on Wednesday, April 18, that the CDC has always maintained good relations with them.

“The fact that the event was featured prominently on the calendar of events is testimony that they have expressed their confidence in us,” Mitchell-Joseph explained.

She, however, did not give a reason for their decision not to organize this year’s event.

The former promoters have been organizing and developing the event for some 4 years.

According to Mitchell-Joseph, the brand started in Trinidad and Tobago and the idea was brought to St Vincent.

“So the St Vincent Fire Fete brand is ours, but we have now given the CDC our consent to go ahead and to use it,” Mitchell-Joseph explained.

“Basically, the CDC indicated that they still wanted to have ‘Fire Fete’ this year. We gave them the go ahead. But we are not going to be actively involved as we have in the past,” she said.

“We have always had excellent relations with the CDC, and they have recognized what we have done.”

Dennis Ambrose, CDC’s Chairman, announced at a press conference on Tuesday, April 17, that well known Trinidadian promoter Cliff Harris was working with the Carnival organizers to stage the show.

A number of top regional artistes had already been contacted Ambrose said, adding that it was the intention of the new organizers to maintain the hype that has accompanied the show in the past.

“This is an event which has its popularity as a high energy show, and we are expecting it to keep that fervor,” Ambrose said.

This year’s event is scheduled for Wednesday, July 4, at the Victoria Park. (DD)

LAST NEWS