Posted on

US consular officer to visit SVG


Thu, Apr 5. 2012

A consular officer from the U.S. Embassy in Barbados will visit Kingstown on April 26 to provide American Citizen Services and to accept applications for U.S. passports and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA). Visa cases will not be discussed.{{more}}

Appointments in Kingstown will be held at the Peace Corps Office Thursday, April 26, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.; 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.

A release from the US Embassy said persons must have an appointment to meet with the consular officer. All appointments are scheduled online. Please follow instructions on the U.S. Embassy’s website at . PLEASE HAVE ALL FORMS FILLED OUT PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT, and bring copies of all supporting documents.

Fees must be paid by international money order or bank draft, made out to “U.S. Embassy.” Cash will not be accepted. Fees are: Child’s passport (under age 16): US$105; First adult passport: US$135; CRBA: US$100

If you are renewing a ten-year passport issued less than 15 years ago, and can present your expired passport, you may apply by mail directly to the Embassy; the fee is US$110.

If you cannot present a previous ten-year passport issued less than fifteen years ago, you must appear in person for an interview with the consular officer. If you are applying for a passport for a child under age 16, and both parents are listed on the birth certificate, both parents must appear in person with the child OR you may submit a notarized statement of consent from the absent parent. For more information, visit:

All applicants must provide: completed passport application, two passport-size photos (2” x 2”), and proof of U.S. citizenship such as previous U.S. passport, U.S. birth certificate, or U.S. naturalization certificate. Please bring originals AND photocopies of all documents. You must also provide a prepaid air waybill (FedEx, DHL, LIAT QuikPak, etc.) in order to mail/post your passports back to Dominica.

For a child under age 16, please bring the documents listed above PLUS the child’s birth certificate and both parents’ passports. Please bring originals AND photocopies of all documents.

Additional information on U.S. citizen services and links to application forms are available on U.S. Department of State’s website at .