Posted on

Confirmation for Chris Gayle’s return to West Indies cricket team expected soon

Confirmation for Chris Gayle’s return to West Indies cricket team expected soon

Share

Confirmation that the way has been made clear for the return of Chris Gayle to the West Indies cricket team is expected to come shortly.{{more}}

This information was related to the media on Tuesday, by Prime Minister Dr Ralph Gonsalves.

He said that Antigua’s Prime Minister Baldwin Spencer, who is also Chairman of the Prime Ministerial sub-committee on cricket will issue a release about the resolution in the year long impasse between the West Indies Cricket Board and Gayle.

According to the PM, there are four documents which will be made public when the statement of confirmation is given.

The first document was signed by Dr. Hunte earlier in March, at the Young Island Resort, to which Spencer and Prime Minister Gonsalves were witness. Since then, three more documents have been communicated between the WICB and Galye with intent to resolve the situation.

The 32-year-old Gayle’s last match for West Indies was the World Cup quarterfinal on March 23, 2011.

The WICB did not consider the Jamaican for selection following remarks he made during a radio interview last April. After being omitted from the series against Pakistan last April due to fitness concerns, he accused the WICB of “using the fitness thing to threaten players.”

Gayle also called coach Otis Gibson “a user” in the interview and blamed him for undermining him in a later statement. He was also highly critical of WICB chief executive Ernest Hilaire, accusing him of trying to end his career.

Since then, the WICB has said Gayle would only be considered for selection if he apologized or retracted his statements.

LAST NEWS