Posted on

Big plans in store for 2007

Share

The St Vincent and the Grenadines National Trust has big plans in store for this year and already things are beginning to shape up nicely.

The Trust’s main focus is a Work Plan that was developed for a year of activities. On December 15 last year a cocktail party was held at Government House to officially launch the Trust’s plan.{{more}}

Managing Director of the Trust Rachael Moses told SEARCHLIGHT that the Work Plan is the first of its kind and that she is looking forward to great things this year. Moses said one of their main aims for the year is the operation of the Trust Fund. She said the fund is designed to provide a sustainable income for the day-to-day operations of the Trust.

Already Trustees have been elected including Governor General Sir Frederick Ballantyne, The Director General of Finance, Maurice Edwards, The Fiscal Adviser to the Prime Minister, C.I. Martin and Louise Mitchell representing the Board of the National Trust.

Even though the Trust has been in existence for the past 35 years it became somewhat dormant in 1994 and membership dwindled. The Non Governmental Organisation has as its mandate the preservation and conservation of the historical culture of St Vincent and the Grenadines.

Moses said that the Trust was revived in 2001 and the cocktail party was a chance for members to renew their membership.

The plan also includes collaboration with the Government on the acquisition of the Old Public Library and its grounds.

Moses added that they were assiduously working towards establishing relationships with schools and businesses.

At present the National Trust has a membership of 117 persons.

LAST NEWS