Posted on

St. John’s RC to be re-dedicaated

Share

Sunday, April 23, will be a historic day for the Marriaqua Valley. For three years, the Parish Priests and Parishioners of St. John’s Roman Catholic Church worked hard to see the completion of the renovation and extension of their church building. On Sunday, the St. John’s Roman Catholic Church at Cane End will be re-dedicated.

A grand celebration is planned, with His Lordship Bishop Robert Rivas O.P. the Chief Celebrant. {{more}} Clergy and dignitaries including His Excellency the Governor-General, Prime Minister of SVG, Area Representative Girlyn Miguel, who is also a parishioner and Leader of the Opposition Arnhim Eustace are expected to attend.

The activities will commence with the procession leaving the Marriaqua Community Hall at 3:30 p.m., arriving at the Church at 4:00 p.m. for the opening of the doors, Blessing, seating and continuation of the Service.

The original St John’s Roman Catholic Church building was constructed of wood at Mesopotamia during the period 1898 to 1902 by Rev. Potz. The wall structure which was started in 1914 by parishioners and Fr. Claustre was completed in 1923 by Fr. Charles Verbeke.

Fr. Pio Antonio M.F. Vicar General of the R.C. Church and Fr. Filipo Petelo M.F. from the Samoa Islands are the Parish Priest and Assistant Parish Priest now serving the St. John’s Parish of Lowmans, Gomea, Stubbs, Escape and Mesopotamia.

LAST NEWS