Searchlight Logo
special_image

    • News
      • Front Page
      • News
      • Breaking News
      • Press Release
      • From the Courts
      • Features
      • Special Features
      • Sports
      • Regional / World
      • Regional / World
    • Opinions
      • Editorial
      • Our Readers’ Opinions
      • Bassy – Love Vine
      • Prof. J Robinson – Eye of the Needle
      • Dr. Fraser- Point of View
      • R. Rose – Eye of the Needle
      • On Target
      • Dr Jozelle Miller
      • The World Around Us
      • Random Thoughts
    • Advice
      • Kitchen Corner
      • What’s on Fleek this week
      • Health Wise
      • Physician’s Weekly
      • Business Buzz
      • Hey Rosie!
      • Prime the pump
    • ePaper
    • Obituaries
      • In Memoriam / Acknowledgement
      • Tribute
    • Contact Us
      • Advertise With Us
      • logo
      • logo
      • logo
    • About Us
      • logo
      • St. Vincent & the Grenadines
    • Subscribe
    • News
      • Front Page
      • News
      • Breaking News
      • Press Release
      • From the Courts
      • Features
      • Special Features
      • Sports
      • Regional / World
      • Regional / World
    • Opinions
      • Editorial
      • Our Readers’ Opinions
      • Bassy – Love Vine
      • Prof. J Robinson – Eye of the Needle
      • Dr. Fraser- Point of View
      • R. Rose – Eye of the Needle
      • On Target
      • Dr Jozelle Miller
      • The World Around Us
      • Random Thoughts
    • Advice
      • Kitchen Corner
      • What’s on Fleek this week
      • Health Wise
      • Physician’s Weekly
      • Business Buzz
      • Hey Rosie!
      • Prime the pump
    • ePaper
    • Obituaries
      • In Memoriam / Acknowledgement
      • Tribute
    • Contact Us
      • Advertise With Us
      • logo
      • logo
      • logo
    • About Us
      • logo
      • St. Vincent & the Grenadines
    • Subscribe
$1,685,000 NLA jackpot winner yet to claim prize
Front Page
June 5, 2020

$1,685,000 NLA jackpot winner yet to claim prize

Up to press time, the winner of the National Lotteries Authority (NLA) jackpot of $1,685,000 had not come forward to claim the prize.

But, the NLA’s product development officer Anthony Dennie told SEARCHLIGHT on Wednesday that he is confident that the winner will eventually show him / her self.

“Bear in mind, the jackpot is a game changer and the winner may need time to settle their mind, they may need time to adjust,” Dennie commented.

The winning numbers – 08, 33, 21, 30, 03, were bought from the NLA’s agent 117 in Sandy Bay. The free ticket letter for that draw was H while the bonus ball was 31. That draw was done last Friday, May 29.

After the NLA announced that one person had won the biggest ever jackpot, and that the ticket was sold in Sandy Bay, a young woman from the area posted on social media that she had won.

Her photo began circulating and one of her friends said she quickly regretted the prank as she began receiving unwanted messages via social media.

Other rumors began making the rounds, among them, that a 16-year-old had purchased the winning ticket and had already signed the back, therefore making the jackpot

unclaimable, as by law, one must be 18 years or older to play the NLA’s games.

Dennie told SEARCHLIGHT on Wednesday that at no time did an underage person bring the winning ticket to their base at Paul’s Avenue.

He said if in fact a person under the age of 18 had won, the jackpot would be forfeited as the tickets state at the back that you must be 18 years old or over to play the NLA’s games.

Dennie stated that suggestions that the winnings go into a trust if someone under 18 were to win would not be entertained by the NLA as the rules are clear.

He said there have been times when the NLA asked persons to verify their age and agents are told to not sell tickets to underaged persons.

However, the product developzment officer said that he does not know of a jackpot that went unclaimed.

“The winner has 180 days to claim their money,” Dennie said while adding that in his opinion the banter about cheating and dishonesty on social media is uncalled for, as the NLA is a prestigious organization with an impeccable record of professionalism.

“All our draws are audited and we invite anyone to witness any of our draws at any time,” Dennie explained, while noting that someone won the Tuesday June 2 jackpot of EC$60,000 and that person had also not yet come forward.

Last Tuesday’s numbers are 01, 12, 15, 19, 28. The bonus number is 03 and winning letter is L. No one matched four numbers and the bonus ball; six persons matched four numbers for $323 each and 267 persons matched three numbers for $9. This ticket was sold in North Union.

Dennie also noted that this is not the first time a winner has delayed returning the winning ticket.

It was also explained that unclaimed jackpots are the property of the NLA and the decision in relation to what happens to the money is at the discretion of the board of directors.

In relation to last Friday’s draw, Stacy Lee matched four numbers and the bonus ball. Lee has already claimed her prize of EC$18,718. It was also noted that 47 persons matched four numbers for EC$464 each, while 1,893 persons matched three numbers for EC$14 each.

  • FacebookComments
  • ALSO IN THE NEWS
    Former NDP Gov’t minister passes
    Front Page
    Former NDP Gov’t minister passes
    Webmaster 
    August 21, 2026
    This country has lost another former Member of Parliament with the death on Tuesday morning of Alpian Allen, who represented the constituency of North...
    New ACP Brenton Smith set to tackle  gun violence in SVG
    Front Page
    New ACP Brenton Smith set to tackle gun violence in SVG
    Webmaster 
    August 21, 2026
    ACTING Commissioner of Police Trevor Bailey, said newly promoted Deputy Commissioner Acting Brenton Smith, has been assigned to take strategic command...
    New Democratic Party confirms shift in stance on one-China policy
    Front Page
    New Democratic Party confirms shift in stance on one-China policy
    Webmaster 
    August 21, 2026
    Prime Minister Godwin Friday, has publicly reaffirmed the unwavering commitment of St Vincent and the Grenadines(SVG), to Taiwan with whom it is this ...
    Daughter of Vincentian mother heading to UK ‘Magic Circle’ law firm
    Front Page
    Daughter of Vincentian mother heading to UK ‘Magic Circle’ law firm
    Webmaster 
    August 21, 2026
    by Grace Francis A Vincentian mother who spent 10 years serving in the Royal Navy is celebrating the academic achievements of her daughter, Destiny Ro...
    Deputy CDC Chair promises “changes will come” for VincyMas
    Front Page
    Deputy CDC Chair promises “changes will come” for VincyMas
    Webmaster 
    August 21, 2026
    As the Carnival Development Corporation (CDC) kicks off its promotional campaign leading to the celebration of 50 years of the change over of carnival...
    Gun-Surrender Claim Fails: Chief Magistrate Jails Armed Man
    Front Page
    Gun-Surrender Claim Fails: Chief Magistrate Jails Armed Man
    Webmaster 
    August 21, 2026
    Lawyer Grant Connell has concluded that his Majesty’s Prison (HMP) has now become like the Red Cross, as some people want to go there to get free room...
    News
    AIA starts process towards certification
    News
    AIA starts process towards certification
    Webmaster 
    August 21, 2026
    Fixing the issues at St Vincent and the Grenadines’ (SVG), various airports is high on the agenda of the current administration and one thing that is ...
    Opposition Senator expresses serious concern about “brazen” gun crimes
    News
    Opposition Senator expresses serious concern about “brazen” gun crimes
    Webmaster 
    August 21, 2026
    Opposition Senator Carlos James says the increasing frequency of gun-related incidents and homicides in St Vincent and the Grenadines (SVG) is a serio...
    Cashier alleged to have stolen cash from 79-year-old, granted bail
    From the Courts, News
    Cashier alleged to have stolen cash from 79-year-old, granted bail
    Webmaster 
    August 21, 2026
    A cashier who is alleged to have stolen almost $70-thousand from a senior citizen over a span of several weeks in 2023 and 2024 pleaded not guilty whe...
    Vincentian Bishop Ishmael Charles elected Assistant Director of World Missions- Church of God
    News
    Vincentian Bishop Ishmael Charles elected Assistant Director of World Missions- Church of God
    Webmaster 
    August 18, 2026
    BISHOP ISHMAEL PRINCE CHARLES of St.Vincent and the Grenadines (SVG), was elected Assistant Director of World Missions at the Church of God’s 80th Int...
    Journey VincyMas 2027: Road to 50 launched in New York
    News
    Journey VincyMas 2027: Road to 50 launched in New York
    Webmaster 
    August 18, 2026
    THE CARNIVAL DEVELOPMENT Corporation (CDC) last Friday, August 14, 2026, blasted off their promotional campaign, “VincyMas 2027 Road to 50,” in the US...

    E-EDITION
    ePaper
    google_play
    app_store
    Subscribe Now
    • Interactive Media Ltd. • P.O. Box 152 • Kingstown • St. Vincent and the Grenadines • Phone: 784-456-1558 © Copyright Interactive Media Ltd.. All rights reserved.
    We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it.Ok