Work underway at Royal Mill Luxury hotel
AFTER THE SOD turning ceremony on January 21 2020, work has now got underway on the US$60m Royal Mill Hotel and Luxury Resort and Residences, projected to be a five star operation.
And, the developers have said in a release that some 70 persons are currently employed on the project, which is expected to provide employment to upwards of 200 in the coming months and benefit directly and indirectly, more than 400 families.
The current work contingent is said to comprise site engineers, foremen, masons, carpenters and labourers from all corners of St Vincent and includes women.
The facility, being constructed at Ratho Mill on the former premises of Ken Boyea, is a joint effort between A& A Capital, whose principals are the husband and wife team of Raffique and Jane Dunbar, Vincentians who resided abroad; Adem Adem; Alex Lodie and Invest SVG.
The property will comprise 15 independent and private residence homes, while the resort will provide 18 high-rise apartment units and two rooftop penthouse units. It will house a business centre,
a conference/meeting centre, a gym, an aqua centre, an exclusive spa, a pool area and bar, an urban lounge viewing the ocean, a rooftop bar and restaurant and parking for over 60 vehicles.
The projected completion period for the residence portion of the project is December 2020, while the hotel section has an expected completion date of mid-2022.
At the ground breaking ceremony last month, Prime Minister Dr Ralph Gonsalves, said that the Royal Mill luxury hotel project was the single largest private sector tourism investment in the country, and has huge spin-offs for the tourism industry and the country on a whole.