Posted on

Duo in online porn clip interviewed by police

Duo in online porn clip interviewed by police

Share

Since a pornographic video started making the rounds via social media on Wednesday, a number of Vincentian females have accused a man of trying to entice them into illicit sexual acts.

This person, who is believed to have recorded the viral video, is also being accused of contacting females via social media and email to be a part of nude photo shoots, as well as to prostitute themselves.

A young woman who told SEARCHLIGHT she had been “propositioned” by the individual, alleged that he runs a business, from which he sells sex toys and also provides “escort” services in both in St Vincent and Barbados.

She charged that the videographer tried to “pimp” her when he attempted to recruit her as a prostitute in Barbados, while another Vincentian female, who visited the neighbouring island on vacation, said he approached her to have sex with older men for money.

Another young woman also said the same man tried recruiting her as an escort, with promises of “big money”, while yet another female charged that he tried luring her and a friend to take nude pictures.

SEARCHLIGHT was provided with information by a friend of the woman at the centre of the current video controversy, in which the woman states that the videographer had assured her it was a nude photo shoot and she was therefore shocked when the six-minute video surfaced.

The woman apparently believes that the video was leaked by the videographer, but this could not be substantiated yesterday.

Head of the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Ruth Jacobs told SEARCHLIGHT that police recorded statements from the actors in the video yesterday.

SEARCHLIGHT caught up with the woman at Central Police Station yesterday, and police sources confirmed she and the man in the video were there between noon and 4 p.m.

But despite repeated reports that the videographer has both Vincentian and Barbadian connections, crime chief Jacobs said police had no intelligence that would raise issues of human trafficking.

Jacobs, who is also responsible for the probing of sex crimes, stated that once a matter is reported, the police would conduct investigations and refer their findings to the office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP), who would then guide further action by cops.

The chief criminal investigator went on to advise both men and women to be more observant of their surroundings and remember that nothing that happens between two persons remains a secret for ever.

“Remember these are things that can stand in your way for life,” she added.

The United States Department of State lists St Vincent as a Tier 2 human trafficking country — “a source, transit and destination country for men, women and children subjected to forced labour and sex trafficking”.

The 2015 report said NGO and Government officials “report some adults pressure local children under the age of 18 to engage in sex acts with men in exchange for money or gifts” and concluded that the country “does not fully comply with minimum standards” to eliminate such practices”.

LAST NEWS