Posted on

Youth hospitalized after ingesting gramoxone, milk

Youth hospitalized after ingesting gramoxone, milk

Share

Today marks six days since Sandy Bay resident Steverson Loraine ingested a mixture of milk and Gramoxone.

The 21-year-old’s oldest brother, Brensford Brackin, visited SEARCHLIGHT on Friday and expressed his grief that on Wednesday, April 15, his brother consumed the deadly concoction.{{more}}

“Talking to him yesterday, he say he throw about half glass and then throw milk inside and thing. His face, everything done change; he look burn up and thing,” Brackin reported.

The concerned sibling alleged that Loraine had consumed Gramoxone after he discovered that a 13-year-old female friend, who attended the Emmanuel High School Mesopotamia (EHSM) had died.

The second form student died on April 11, after consuming the same poisonous substance during the week of March 30, the first week of the Easter vacation. She was buried on Sunday, April 19, after a funeral service at the Richland Park Seventh Day Adventist Church.

“Steverson did have a little friend, girlfriend; they were just friends. She drank Gramoxone,” Brackin said.

“Monday, he told my mother that he feel stress out because his friend drink Gramoxone. But mommy didn’t really bother with him. Wednesday, he tell mommy he want to spray the yard and he need some Gramoxone, because he normally do that. So mommy give him the Gramoxone and go to work.”

According to Brackin, when his mother returned home, she was told by an aunt that her son had ingested Gramoxone. He also stated that Loraine was rushed to the hospital after he began to vomit.

Loraine is currently a patient at the MCMH.

In an interview with SEARCHLIGHT yesterday from the Male Medical ward, the young man indicated that he “feel kinda good now.”

In a whisper, the 21-year-old dispelled claims that he drank the poisonous substance because of his friend’s death. He said “self stress” was the reason, as he felt like “it was the only option.”

“Me can’t feel good. Me feel sad. Other people are spreading rumours saying that because the girl drink Gramoxone, the boy drink Gramoxone,” Nemrod Loraine, Steverson’s cousin said. “I have to give God praise and thanks that he’s (Steverson’s) living. Poison is not the only option. Look to God. He alone knows.”

Steverson is one of three persons presently warded at the Milton Cato Memorial Hospital who, it is alleged, attempted to end their lives by ingesting poisonous substances.

LAST NEWS