Posted on

DOUBLE MURDER

DOUBLE MURDER

Share

After having to deal with the Mafia style execution of their mother and stepfather, the daughters of the late Rose-Claire Dupont-Williams are now faced with death threats.{{more}}

When Rose-Claire Dupont-Williams and her husband of over ten years, Lancelot Jeffrey “Lancy” Williams, were gunned down in the wee hours of Friday morning by unknown gunmen at Trigger Ridge, Redemption Sharpes.

One of Dupont-Williams’ daughters, speaking under condition of anonymity, told SEARCHLIGHT during a telephone interview the family members are not getting any information from the police in relation to the murders.

She said a phone call was made to her cell phone in which the caller threatened the lives of the remaining family members and sent a message to one of her brothers.

The terrified lady said a telephone report was made to the police and an officer said he had taken the report. However, the lady claims when they checked, no report had been filed with the officer responsible for the case.

“We are trying our best, but the police not helping us at all,” said the distraught woman who says that the family members look over their shoulders everywhere they go.

The woman, who said they need protection, explained that the family is seeking the help of the media to bring the situation to the forefront and therefore get some protection.

Commissioner William Harry told local media Tuesday the police have information that the murders might have some connection to foreign nationals. Persons have cited a Grenadian in the slayings.

Also wanting to remain anonymous was a sister of the murdered Lancelot Williams. The lady said that she feels very hurt since she was very close to her brother whom she described as a very jovial person.

“His memory will live with me for a very long time,” said the woman who revealed that her brother had three children.

Meanwhile, in a dramatic occurrence that persons have connected to the Sharpes murder, two gunmen shot up a car in the Queen’s Drive area on Monday.

Commissioner of Police William Harry told Tuesday’s media briefing the shooting started around 10.30 a.m. Monday and police were called to the Queen’s Drive area where gunshots were heard.

He said that it was discovered that a taxi was summoned to the Queen’s Drive neighourhood. He said that upon arrival, two men forced the driver to take them to a house in the area.

Harry said the two bandits came out of the taxi and went to a house where they fired gunshots that damaged a parked car. The men then returned to the taxi which took them to another vehicle in which they then fled the scene.

LAST NEWS