Posted on

Doc offers no evidence in aggravated robbery case

Doc offers no evidence in aggravated robbery case

Share

A prominent medical doctor has chosen not to offer evidence against those charged with robbing her at gun/knife point.

Therefore, the accused men: Elroy Rogers, of New Montrose; Glenville Harry of Vermont; Rocuan Robinson of Campden Park; suspended police officer Ettian Charles and Olrick ‘Chucky’ Hanson originally of Mayreau, have been discharged on a charge of aggravated robbery.

The preliminary inquiry examining the evidence surrounding the September 15, 2018 incident, was set to begin this Wednesday, July 22.

It had been alleged that Dr Reisha Twana Browne-Caesar, consultant nephrologist at the Milton Cato Memorial Hospital (MCMH) and wife of Saboto Caesar, the Minister of Agriculture, was robbed at around 9 pm on the said date outside her home in Cedars.

The physician was carrying her son in her arms, and was exiting her motor vehicle, when she was said to have been approached by two masked men. These men, armed with a knife and a gun, relieved her of her handbag that contained cash, documents, an Iphone, and other electronic gadgets, among other things. The total value of the items stolen from Browne-Caesar amounted to EC$10,350.50.

However, Browne-Caesar indicated before Senior Magistrate Rickie Burnett at the Kingstown Magistrate’s Court that she did not want to continue with the matter. The reason she decided not to offer any evidence is because she did not want to have to re-live the experience.

However, these accused were also charged with the armed robbery of Lisa Wilson of Brighton which occurred in Brighton on September 14, 2018. They were also accused of taking a cash machine valued at $1600, as well as $630 and US$115 in cash, all at gun point.

On the same date, and place, they are said to have wounded one Grafton McDowall of Brighton by striking him on the head with a gun.

Charles, Hanson and Harry also face the decision of the magistrate’s court on whether they will stand trial at the High Court for burglary of the GEC Auto Supplies Ltd of Arnos Vale which allegedly occurred between August 31, and September 1, 2018.

Hanson and Harry, along with one Jerome Ollivierre of Mayreau, are also charged with the murder of security guard Rodney George of Victoria Village, between these dates. However, the court will rule on a no case submission made by their lawyers on July 27.

Charles was recently discharged on this murder charge after the prosecution conceded to a no case submission made by his lawyer Grant Connell.

Charles is also solely charged that he did, on September 17, have one Smith and Wesson .38 revolver and six rounds of .38 ammunition without a license.

LAST NEWS