Posted on

Men charged in Campden Park robberies denied bail

Men charged in Campden Park robberies denied bail

Share

Nigel Byron and Yusufa De Riggs will remain in police custody for at least another seven days.{{more}}

The two men were apprehended and charged last week for a robbery at the industrial estate at Campden Park, during which a security guard was shot.

On Thursday, November 3, Byron and De Riggs were remanded into custody for seven days and told that bail would be considered after that period.

However, yesterday at the Serious Offences Court, prosecutor Adolphus Delpesche indicated that the injured security guard is still warded at the Milton Cato Memorial Hospital (MCMH).

“She is, as the medical practitioners say, still fighting for survival,” he said.

As a result, Chief Magistrate Rechanne Browne-Matthias denied the accused men bail and ordered that they be remanded into custody for an additional seven days.

DeRiggs, 22, of Campden Park and Nigel Byron, 24, of Lowmans Leeward face four counts of robbery, one count of attempted murder and one for the illegal possession of a firearm.

They will return to the Serious Offences Court next Thursday, November 17, 2016, when a Preliminary Inquiry into the matter would be held.(AS)

LAST NEWS