Searchlight Logo
special_image

    • News
      • Front Page
      • News
      • Breaking News
      • Press Release
      • Features
      • Special Features
      • From the Courts
      • Sports
      • Regional / World
    • Opinions
      • Editorial
      • Our Readers’ Opinions
      • Bassy – Love Vine
      • Dr. Fraser- Point of View
      • R. Rose – Eye of the Needle
      • On Target
      • Dr Jozelle Miller
      • The World Around Us
      • Random Thoughts
    • Advice
      • Kitchen Corner
      • What’s on Fleek this week
      • Health Wise
      • Physician’s Weekly
      • Business Buzz
      • Hey Rosie!
      • Prime the pump
    • ePaper
    • Obituaries
      • In Memoriam / Acknowledgement
      • Tribute
    • Contact Us
      • Advertise With Us
      • Letters To The Editor
      • General Contact Information
      • Contact our Webmaster
    • About Us
      • Privacy Policy
      • Interactive Media Ltd
      • St. Vincent & the Grenadines
    • Subscribe
    • News
      • Front Page
      • News
      • Breaking News
      • Press Release
      • Features
      • Special Features
      • From the Courts
      • Sports
      • Regional / World
    • Opinions
      • Editorial
      • Our Readers’ Opinions
      • Bassy – Love Vine
      • Dr. Fraser- Point of View
      • R. Rose – Eye of the Needle
      • On Target
      • Dr Jozelle Miller
      • The World Around Us
      • Random Thoughts
    • Advice
      • Kitchen Corner
      • What’s on Fleek this week
      • Health Wise
      • Physician’s Weekly
      • Business Buzz
      • Hey Rosie!
      • Prime the pump
    • ePaper
    • Obituaries
      • In Memoriam / Acknowledgement
      • Tribute
    • Contact Us
      • Advertise With Us
      • Letters To The Editor
      • General Contact Information
      • Contact our Webmaster
    • About Us
      • Privacy Policy
      • Interactive Media Ltd
      • St. Vincent & the Grenadines
    • Subscribe
Questelles man convicted on two counts of death by dangerous driving
From the Courts
July 3, 2015

Questelles man convicted on two counts of death by dangerous driving

Questelles resident Glenroy Bob will learn his fate on July 13, 2015, when he will be sentenced for causing the deaths of Jex “Lala” Henville and Lemore “One Stone” Pierre, both of Chateaubelair.{{more}}

Bob was convicted last week at the High Court’s Criminal Assizes by a nine-member jury on two counts of death by dangerous driving, which occurred on January 29, 2012 at Layou.

According to the prosecution’s case, led by crown counsel Karim Nelson, Bob was driving motor vehicle P 4760 in the direction of Kingstown along the stretch of road in Layou approaching the Bambareaux beach gap. He had several passengers onboard at the time, including a baby.

Prosecution witnesses claim that Bob was driving at approximately 60 to 80 miles per hour, sometime after 7 p.m.

Around that time, there was a function taking place at Palen’s shop where several vehicles were parked on the left side of the main road.

It was the crown’s case that police transport G45 came up the stretch at about 10 – 25 miles per hour. The driver of the transport indicated that he saw the obstruction on his side of the road. At that time, the other lane was clear of oncoming traffic, so he proceeded up the stretch on the right side (heading towards Barrouallie).

On almost reaching the end of the line of parked vehicles, the witness said he saw the car driven by Bob speeding, coming towards the transport.

The prosecution witness said he pulled back on the left in a space between the last two parked vehicles. The witness said the car sped past the police transport and two seconds later, the sounds of tires, metal scraping against wall, bangs and loud screams were heard.

Police officers then alighted from motor vehicle G45 and walked to an area where they saw the car in a drain, showing signs of substantial damage.

The two deceased were also seen on the ground, one lying on top of the other. The men, domino team-mates, were at the time they were hit, standing at the main road near to where the domino competition was being held. They were taken to the Milton Cato Hospital (MCMH), where they subsequently died.

Henville, who received severe injuries to his head, never regained consciousness, and was removed from life support a few days later, following which, he died. His close friend Pierre also sustained head and other injuries in the mishap. He succumbed to his injuries four days after his friend died.

Bob’s attorney Ronald Marks argued that the accident was caused by the police and that motor vehicle G 45 was speeding at the time.

Marks argued that the police vehicle was on Bob’s side of the road and the only thing he could have reasonably done was to swerve to his left into a drain.

Marks said Bob was not speeding, but on swerving, lost control of the vehicle, which resulted in the men’s death.

Justice Kathy Ann Latchoo presided. (KW)

  • FacebookComments
  • ALSO IN THE NEWS
    Vincentian Kemarlie Durrant honored with MCU outstanding youth award in Taiwan
    Front Page
    Vincentian Kemarlie Durrant honored with MCU outstanding youth award in Taiwan
    Webmaster 
    May 22, 2026
    KEMARLIE DURRANT STOOD out as the only international student honoured among the 12 recipients of the 2026 Ming Chuan University Outstanding Youth Awar...
    Vincentian Nurse stands out in Barbados
    Front Page
    Vincentian Nurse stands out in Barbados
    Webmaster 
    May 22, 2026
    A VINCENTIAN ON the nursing team at the The Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Barbados, has been named Nurse of the Year as the hospital celebrates Nursing ...
    Spiritual Baptists arrive early to celebrate Liberation Day
    Front Page
    Spiritual Baptists arrive early to celebrate Liberation Day
    Webmaster 
    May 22, 2026
    ARCHBISHOP CHARLIE BLACKMAN from the Rock of Ages Evangelicals Spiritual Baptists of Barbados, along with many of the faith’s practitioners arrived in...
    Lawyer to take action on behalf  of accused  police officers
    Front Page
    Lawyer to take action on behalf of accused police officers
    Webmaster 
    May 22, 2026
    THE DECISION by the Royal St Vincent and the Grenadines Police Force (RSVGPF) to suspend without pay, officers who are accused of crimes, has attracte...
    Government looking at permanent fix for Grenadines housing and water problems
    Front Page
    Government looking at permanent fix for Grenadines housing and water problems
    Webmaster 
    May 22, 2026
    THE GOVERNMENT said that plans are underway to deal with the housing issues in the Grenadines, as well as the water problem that has been plaguing the...
    Nadia Slater’s alleged attacker remanded for a third time
    Front Page
    Nadia Slater’s alleged attacker remanded for a third time
    Webmaster 
    May 22, 2026
    THE CLARE VALLEY MAN, who is alleged to have attempted to murder Nadia Slater, the Acting Director of the Agency for Public Information (API) was rema...
    News
    Public servants were fettered under ULP, says PM Friday
    News
    Public servants were fettered under ULP, says PM Friday
    Webmaster 
    May 22, 2026
    PUBLIC SERVANTS under the Unity Labour Party (ULP) administration were not given the freedom to do their jobs property, Prime Minister (PM) Dr. Godwin...
    Former PM thanks God that NDP didn’t boycott Spiritual Baptist Bill
    News
    Former PM thanks God that NDP didn’t boycott Spiritual Baptist Bill
    Webmaster 
    May 22, 2026
    FORMER PRIME MINISTER and Leader of the Opposition, Dr. Ralph Gonsalves has reminded the general public that the New Democratic Party (NDP) now in gov...
    Agro-processors address constraints in the sector at Forum
    News
    Agro-processors address constraints in the sector at Forum
    Webmaster 
    May 22, 2026
    THE CENTRE for Enterprise Development (CED) brought together agro-processors, entrepreneurs, policymakers, financiers and other stakeholders on Tuesda...
    Calypso tents to blast off next week
    News
    Calypso tents to blast off next week
    Webmaster 
    May 22, 2026
    A NEW CALYPSO tent will be part of this year’s Vincy Mas Great Escape, when the tents begin to present their casts for the 2026 carnival season on Tue...
    Former PM accuses NDP of taking credit for ULP initiatives
    News
    Former PM accuses NDP of taking credit for ULP initiatives
    Webmaster 
    May 15, 2026
    FORMER PRIME MINISTER of St Vincent and the Grenadines, and Leader of the Opposition, Dr. Ralph Gonsalves is accusing the New Democratic Party( NDP) a...

    E-EDITION
    ePaper
    google_play
    app_store
    Subscribe Now
    • Interactive Media Ltd. • P.O. Box 152 • Kingstown • St. Vincent and the Grenadines • Phone: 784-456-1558 © Copyright Interactive Media Ltd.. All rights reserved.
    We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it.Ok