Posted on

Preliminary Inquiry into Kent Blugh murder to be continued today

Preliminary Inquiry into Kent Blugh murder to be continued today

Share

Shortly after a boy concluded his testimony in a preliminary inquiry into a murder, prosecutor Inspector Adolphus Delpesche requested an adjournment so that he could hold discussions with the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP).{{more}}

“Based on certain developments, I want to have some discussions with the DPP,” Delpseche told Chief Magistrate Sonya Young yesterday at the Serious Offences Court.

The matter will continue today when the prosecutor will inform the court on how he is proceeding.

Marlon Hendrickson, 24, of Chateaubelair, stands accused of the murder of Trinidad national Kent Blugh, 41.

A police press release stated that Blugh was standing outside his home when an unknown assailant opened fire at him at about 9:40 pm in Fitz Hughes on February 22, 2011. He sustained several gunshot wounds about his body and died on the spot.

At the commencement of the inquiry yesterday, Inspector Delpesche told the court that 33 witnesses are expected to testify in the matter, but only nine were present.

However, the boy and Dr Ronald Child are the only ones to have taken the witness stand so far.

Counsel Olin Dennie and Carlos James appeared on Hendrickson’s behalf.(KW)

LAST NEWS