Posted on

No bomb hearing yet

Share

The preliminary inquiry into the planting of an explosive device in a businessman’s vehicle is yet to get off to a start.
The inquiry, which was previously scheduled to begin in April, was adjourned to Wednesday, June 19. But, when the matter was called Wednesday morning, Police prosecutor, Sergeant Adolphus Delpesche applied for another adjournment. He told the court that the explosive device has not yet been tested because vessels and planes are refusing to transport it abroad. {{more}}
As a result, an explosive expert from the Regional Security Service (RSS) based in Barbados, is expected to travel here to test the device. He said the expert was to arrive here on Tuesday, May 18, but he is now expected to arrive on May 24.
“This matter is hinged on the expert’s evidence. Whatever the expert says will determine whether this matter will go forward or fall,” Delpesche stated.
The explosive device was discovered on December 19, 2003, in the motor vehicle owned by Vicky Rajani, an Indian businessman residing at Cane Garden.
Trinidadian technician, Hasan Mohammed, has been charged for planting that device.
The start of the preliminary inquiries is now scheduled for June 7.
Mohammed is being represented by Stephen Williams.

LAST NEWS