What’s your sales pitch?
You may think that a sales pitch is only relevant for a product or service but as an individual, you should also have a sales pitch because you are a brand whether or not you are an entrepreneur. How prepared are you, be it in a meeting, a social gathering or when someone directs the question to you, ‘what do you do’? It may happen when you least expect it and being unprepared can lead to a lost opportunity.
As harsh as it may sound, the person enquiring my not necessarily care about what you do, they are more concerned about what you can do for them – they are seeking solutions so your answer has less to do with you and more to do with them; this is one of the fundamentals of marketing where the focus of your messaging is on the market and not you.
Check out the formula for your 30 sec sales pitch:
Answer these five (5) questions
– Who are you?
– Who do you help?
– What is their biggest problem?
– What do you do to help them?
– How is their life transformed as a result?
Example: If I were to introduce myself, I would answer the above questions in the following way
1. I am Candice Sealey, I am a results producing Principal Marketing & PR Consultant at Ignite! that
2. Help business owners/marketers who
3. Need to access the marketing expertise that will help
4. Promote their businesses so as to raise awareness, attract new customers and increase sales, therefore leaving them to
5. Focus on other areas of their business.
In essence, you have answered the question, ‘what’s in it for me if I deal with you’? Why not try it yourself!
– Create your own sales pitch by answering the qustions baove
– Practice it
– Try it the next chance you get
– Observe the reaction you get
Need help creating your sales pitch, your offer, positioning strategy or any strategic marketing support? Contact us!
Candice Sealey is the Founder & Principal Marketing & PR consultant at Ignite! a Full service Marketing & PR Consultancy that helps businesses owners/marketers to promote their businesses, to raise awareness, attract new customers and increase sales. We help you work out what marketing is needed, we bring a fresh approach, create a tailored plan and make it happen, leaving you free to concentrate on dealing the other areas of your business.
Contact us on 784-432-222, Follow us on FB & IG @igniteresults
Twitter: @ignite3D Email: email@example.com