Searchlight Logo
special_image

    • News
      • Front Page
      • News
      • Breaking News
      • Press Release
      • From the Courts
      • Features
      • Special Features
      • Sports
      • Regional / World
      • Regional / World
    • Opinions
      • Editorial
      • Our Readers’ Opinions
      • Bassy – Love Vine
      • Prof. J Robinson – Eye of the Needle
      • Dr. Fraser- Point of View
      • R. Rose – Eye of the Needle
      • On Target
      • Dr Jozelle Miller
      • The World Around Us
      • Random Thoughts
    • Advice
      • Kitchen Corner
      • What’s on Fleek this week
      • Health Wise
      • Physician’s Weekly
      • Business Buzz
      • Hey Rosie!
      • Prime the pump
    • ePaper
    • Obituaries
      • In Memoriam / Acknowledgement
      • Tribute
    • Contact Us
      • Advertise With Us
      • logo
      • logo
      • logo
    • About Us
      • logo
      • St. Vincent & the Grenadines
    • Subscribe
    • News
      • Front Page
      • News
      • Breaking News
      • Press Release
      • From the Courts
      • Features
      • Special Features
      • Sports
      • Regional / World
      • Regional / World
    • Opinions
      • Editorial
      • Our Readers’ Opinions
      • Bassy – Love Vine
      • Prof. J Robinson – Eye of the Needle
      • Dr. Fraser- Point of View
      • R. Rose – Eye of the Needle
      • On Target
      • Dr Jozelle Miller
      • The World Around Us
      • Random Thoughts
    • Advice
      • Kitchen Corner
      • What’s on Fleek this week
      • Health Wise
      • Physician’s Weekly
      • Business Buzz
      • Hey Rosie!
      • Prime the pump
    • ePaper
    • Obituaries
      • In Memoriam / Acknowledgement
      • Tribute
    • Contact Us
      • Advertise With Us
      • logo
      • logo
      • logo
    • About Us
      • logo
      • St. Vincent & the Grenadines
    • Subscribe
Jamesy P and LIME Soca Dans part ways
News
July 15, 2011

Jamesy P and LIME Soca Dans part ways

Come Vincy Mas 2012, one of the more prominent faces of the LIME-sponsored Soca Dans will be noticeably absent from the group’s line-up.{{more}}

James ‘Jamesy P’ Morgan confirmed that he ended his tenure with the group in the week running up to the Ragga Soca competition that took place on Friday, June 24, but insisted that it was an amicable parting of ways.

Amidst rumours being circulated of a breach of contract, Morgan set the record straight on the matter – explaining that he was unhappy with Island Network’s management of the Soca Dans.

Morgan, who joined the group in 2008, said: “I took myself from under the umbrella [Island Network] so I could make myself available to work with whoever wants to work with me… maximise my profits, take care of myself and my family.”

“When I looked at my personal image… it wasn’t being handled the way I wanted it to be,” he added.

Morgan said that as a Soca Dan he felt that his earning potential was being restricted, especially at Carnival time (May – July) when group members cannot perform at any shows or events that are endorsed/sponsored by LIME competitors.

He was quick to point out that his departure from the group has not soured his relationship with LIME, Island Network management or the remaining Soca Dans; and they remain on excellent terms.

“I have no grievance with Soca Dans. I respect all the artistes in there… If LIME wants to continue working with me, it can!”

Morgan, who said that he had been contemplating the move since October 2010, added: “ I’m not going to make the business part of this thing bring bad blood. It’s just that I did not like the managerial part of it.”

He did, however, insist that his overall experience as a Soca Dan has been an enjoyable one, but it was simply time for him to take his musical career in a different direction.

“If anybody doesn’t see my point of view and the reasons for me to leave, well, that’s their problem. I have to know, at the end of the day, what is best for me, my son, daughter and my wife,” he asserted.

Speaking to SEARCHLIGHT, Herric Horne – manager at Island Network – supported Morgan’s version of events.

“We have different views in terms of how we go about handling management,” said Horne.

He explained that following a discussion with all concerned parties, it was decided that Morgan would be released from his agreement with Island Network.

With regard to the remaining members of the Soca Dans, Horne was confident that Morgan’s departure will not have a negative effect.

“Everyone is in good spirits because we have a lot of tours coming up,” he said.

As for ‘The Nookie Man’, fans will be wondering what he has planned for himself, now that he is a free agent.

“The sky is always the limit. It’s just for me to continue doing what I do… continue making good music!” declared Morgan.

And he will undoubtedly be using his recent success at the 2011 Soca Monarch competition to fuel his ambition.

Morgan placed fourth – a commendable performance, given that this was the first time he took part in the competition; and that he did not have as much support and financial backing as some of the heavy weights who participated.

“To me, it was a sense of achievement and self-accomplishment,” he said.

“I didn’t win Soca Monarch, but to me, I was the soca monarch because of what I did… in that battle field.”

Morgan explained that by no means was he saying that the judges’ decision was unfair – just that, in his own right, he was a winner, too.

But for the time being, Morgan has his hands full with the various carnivals and festivals that will be taking place over the upcoming months.

In July alone, he will be performing in Tortola, North Carolina and Toronto; and he is working towards doing gigs at London’s Notthinghill Carnival at the end of August.

Until he finds suitable representation, Morgan said that he will be handling his own bookings and management.

He may be contacted by phone on (284) 544 6089 or (784) 495 6563; by email (nookiejames@gmail.com; on Twitter (@thenookieman); and on FaceBook (search for ‘JamesyP’).

  • FacebookComments
  • ALSO IN THE NEWS
    Warm welcome for Vincentian NASCAR driver
    Front Page
    Warm welcome for Vincentian NASCAR driver
    Webmaster 
    August 14, 2026
    Rajah Caruth, professional NASCAR Driver and Sporting Ambassador for St. Vincent and the Grenadines (SVG), got a warm homecoming when he arrived on We...
    CRAB not going to spread like Covid/AIDS – medical specialist
    Front Page
    CRAB not going to spread like Covid/AIDS – medical specialist
    Webmaster 
    August 14, 2026
    Infectious disease specialist Dr. Jerrol Thompson has said the drug-resistant bacterium, Carbapenem-Resistant Acinetobacter baumannii (CRAB), recently...
    Components displeased over CDC prize giving ceremony
    Front Page
    Components displeased over CDC prize giving ceremony
    Webmaster 
    August 14, 2026
    The manner in which the prize money for components involved in VincyMas competitions 2026 was distributed has left a bitter taste in the mouth of some...
    Entrepreneur introduces new tequila to the local market
    Front Page
    Entrepreneur introduces new tequila to the local market
    Webmaster 
    August 14, 2026
    Mohandus “Bobby” Martin is hoping to carve out a niche in the St Vincent and the Grenadines’s (SVG) beverage market by introducing an affordable Europ...
    Close friend says Layou man’s death was not by stabbing
    Front Page
    Close friend says Layou man’s death was not by stabbing
    Webmaster 
    August 14, 2026
    Reports that Layou resident Renold “Bagga” Quashie was stabbed and killed seems not have been the correct conclusion, a relayed by a friend who referr...
    Twenty receive Basil Charles Foundation scholarships and bursaries for 2026
    Front Page
    Twenty receive Basil Charles Foundation scholarships and bursaries for 2026
    Webmaster 
    August 14, 2026
    Twenty new students have been added to The Basil Charles Educational Foundation (BCEF) Scholarship programme, which this year celebrates 30 years. The...
    News
    NASCAR driver Rajah Caruth  excited to  create new  memories of SVG
    News
    NASCAR driver Rajah Caruth excited to create new memories of SVG
    Webmaster 
    August 14, 2026
    Professional NASCAR driver Rajah Caruth received a hero’s welcome in Barrouallie yesterday, August 13,2026 returning to his roots during an emotional ...
    Caution given on the responsible use of AI
    News
    Caution given on the responsible use of AI
    Webmaster 
    August 14, 2026
    With Artificial Intelligence (AI) becoming increasingly advanced and accessible, Chief Executive Officer of the National Centre for Technological Inno...
    Former Miss SVG Aviar Charles shares inspiring journey in pursuit of higher education
    News
    Former Miss SVG Aviar Charles shares inspiring journey in pursuit of higher education
    Webmaster 
    August 14, 2026
    Former Miss St Vincent and the Grenadines (SVG), Aviar Charles recently reflected on her journey to the crown while encouraging the St. Vincent and th...
    Rehabilitation Works continuing on Fort Charlotte
    News
    Rehabilitation Works continuing on Fort Charlotte
    Jada 
    August 12, 2026
    The Government of St. Vincent and the Grenadines, through the World Bank-funded Unleashing the Blue Economy of the Caribbean (UBEC) Project, has reaff...
    Fresh information released in Garifuna prisoners of war exhibition
    News
    Fresh information released in Garifuna prisoners of war exhibition
    Jada 
    August 12, 2026
    While most Vincentians know that approximately 5000 Garifuna and Kalinago people were rounded up and forcibly exiled by the British to Balliceaux in 1...

    E-EDITION
    ePaper
    google_play
    app_store
    Subscribe Now
    • Interactive Media Ltd. • P.O. Box 152 • Kingstown • St. Vincent and the Grenadines • Phone: 784-456-1558 © Copyright Interactive Media Ltd.. All rights reserved.
    We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it.Ok