SVG records 55 new Covid-19 cases of which 52 are local
St Vincent and the Grenadines on Thursday, January 7 confirmed 55 new COVID-19 cases of which three are imported and 52 are nationals without a recent history of travel.
A release from the National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO) said the three imported cases are non-nationals who arrived on island between December 31, 2020 and January 4, 2021 with negative PCR test results, and subsequently tested positive during quarantine.
The 52 new cases among nationals without a recent history of travel bring the total number of local cases under investigation to 80.
“There are currently five distinct clusters to which most cases can be linked. Contact tracing, further linking and testing related to all of these local cases are ongoing,” the release from NEMO said.
St. Vincent and the Grenadines has now recorded 204 cases of COVID-19. One hundred and two persons have recovered and 102 remain active. All positive cases will continue to be isolated until cleared by two negative tests.
Persons with flu-like symptoms such as sore throat, fever and cough are advised to go to the nearest district Flu Clinic ensuring that they wear appropriate facial coverings. Persons with flu like symptoms should not use public transportation where possible. The Flu Clinics in the nine health districts are:
- Kingstown Health District – Kingstown Health Centre
- Pembroke Health District – Buccament Polyclinic, Layou Health Centre, 3. Chateaubelair (North Leeward) Health District – Coull’s Hill Health Centre, Chateaubelair SMART Hospital
- Marriaqua Health District – Levi Latham Health Complex, Evesham Health Centre, Lowmans Windward Health Centre
- Calliaqua Health District – Stubbs Polyclinic, Belair Health Centre
- Cedars Health District – Biabou Health Centre, South Rivers Health Centre
- Georgetown (North Windward) Health District – Georgetown Health Centrel, Sandy Bay Health Centre, Owia Health Center, Fancy Health Centre
- Northern Grenadines Health District – Port Elizabeth Hospital 9. Southern Grenadines Health District – Celena Clouden Hospital, Mayreau Health Centre, Canouan Health Centre.